Reflecting our applied research underpinnings, RIKON pioneers academic projects in the area of service innovation through utilising the Irish and international business landscapes as a laboratory to leverage and integrate our multidisciplinary and thematic expertise.
Demonstrating the multi-disciplinary areas of expertise underpinning the RIKON research community, our academic project portfolio transcends a diverse range of service innovation domains including:
• Multi-industry service innovation models and processes
• Knowledge management and knowledge transfer in supporting innovation and business
• Organisational, network and collaborative innovation models and structures
Within these broad thematic domains our researchers develop and execute academic projects in the areas of:
• New service and experience innovation
• Service design and visualisation
• Innovation and networks
• Knowledge management and knowledge transfer efficiency
• Tourism and green innovation
• Service innovation policy
• Inter-organisational relationships
• Small and micro firm learning
• Customer relationship and interface management
• Marketing and the utilisation of information technology and systems to business applications.
Demonstrating RIKON’s academic leadership in service innovation, our academic performance, our applied research team leverage their multidisciplinary research and academic expertise to secure both national and international project funding from sources including:
• The Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social Sciences
• Fáilte Ireland
• IOTI - Strands
• Royal Irish Academy
• Behest Fund and INTERREG.
The wide ranging impact of RIKON’s academic project activity is further evidenced by our expanding catalogue of conference papers, best paper awards, referred journal publications, book chapters and European Foundation for Management Development case studies awards.